Broadclyst School prioritises technology as a tool for learning. They had this in mind when they commissioned a new multi-purpose school hall. The building has a main hall, optional smaller hall, cafe space and kitchen. The spaces require interchangeable audio and visual equipment depending on the use. Since the hall is also to be a community facility it needed to be robust and easy to use. APi Communications has worked with Broadclyst School on many projects and so we were pleased to help on this exciting new build.
Our response was to offer:
- Projection in portrait and landscape, for both full and divided use of the main hall
- Lighting and sound to complement the direction of the users
- an iPad control app to manage the whole facility from a single point
- multi-level access to the app for basic and high level users
- integration with iPhones, computers and other devices
This fantastic space will serve many uses and also allows the school to hold a whole school assembly – a first in 12 years!